The Health and Safety Sales Executive needs to be someone who can prospect aggressively, help clients and prospects identify safety needs and present value-added opportunities, and promote and sell solutions for complex safety needs.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
· Sales presentations with business owners, safety personnel, and/or human resource team members.
· Maintain positive client relationships.
· Develop new referral channels and networking opportunities with trade organizations and special interest groups.
· Complete required sales paperwork in a timely manner and finalize new client contracts.
· Accomplish sales goals established by management.
· Travel throughout the market area with limited overnight and/or weekend stays.
· Work with management to identify objectives, strategies and action plans to improve short and long term sales and earnings.
Knowledge and skills at a level normally acquired through the completion of a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience. Qualified candidates must have a strong safety background.
· At minimum of 2 years sales experience with a history of success in closing consulting deals, preferably in the safety industry
· Excellent communication, organizational and computer skills a must
· Experience selling to small or medium size companies a plus
· Motivated team player with a positive outlook
· Successful consultative/solution seller with a stable sales track record
· Aggressive prospecting ability for new business
· Experience in selling intangible products or a complex sale
Skills, Specialized Knowledge and Abilities
· Excellent phone etiquette and customer service skills
· Open minded and coachable, with a strong work ethic
· Able to work in a fast paced environment
· Professional appearance and demeanor
· Ability to handle sensitive information and maintain a high level of confidentiality
· Ability to use Microsoft Office products Word, Excel
· Ability to problem solve
· Organization, attention to detail, flexibility and strong ability to multi-task
· Ability to work without direct supervision and demonstrate considerable initiative
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive and the employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor and other management as required.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY POLICY: It is our policy to seek and employ the best qualified personnel and to provide equal opportunity for the advancement of employees, including upgrading, promoting and training and to administer these activities in a manner which will not discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, age, sex, marital status, national origin, disability or any other basis prohibited by law.