With Sheakley, it’s done!For more than 50 years, Sheakley has provided the right blend of practical and innovative HR and risk management solutions to enhance your business while helping you manage costs and maintain compliance. The purpose of the Safety Consultant is to provide professional knowledge and expertise in the administration and support of environmental health and safety programs for all clients. Must be open to a flexible atmosphere, with changing projects and assignments. Must have a passion for safety and challenging the status quo. Must enjoy engaging with people and utilizing technology to learn, promote, teach, and track safe work practices. Responsible for the overall coordination and implementation of environmental health and safety programs to assure compliance with regulatory agency guidelines, best practices, and institutional policies.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
Essential Functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Ensures compliance with all applicable federal, state and local legislation and codes governing environmental health and safety. Utilize knowledge and skills to promote a positive health and safety culture in the workplace of our clients.
- Develops policies and procedures to ensure compliance with regulations and guidelines.
- Interfaces with regulatory agencies, and internal staff to formulate corrective actions.
- Assesses risk potential of clients. Makes recommendations to client companies in regards to safety compliance.
- Develops and implements accident investigation, data analysis, and recurrence prevention programs and procedures.
- Designs training for all employer clients, and internal staff as needed.
- Makes recommendations to client companies in regards to safety compliance and industry best practices. Analyze and recommend improvements for safe work practices, policies and training programs.
- Develops and implements recurrence prevention programs and procedures.
- Conducts on-site Risk Assessments and audits of client operations and facilities.
- Responds and provides assistance to all emergency situations.
- Interaction with potential clients regarding potential sales of safety products and services.
- Travels to visit client’s worksites to ensure compliance and best practices are met.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Attends conferences, meetings and continuing education courses to keep up-to-date on new safety procedures to applicable codes and regulations or to maintain required level of certification.
A minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science, Industrial Hygiene, or a related field is preferred. Three to five years of directly related experience in environmental health and safety training and consultation experience is required.
- Solid knowledge of E H & S standards, industry regulatory standards. Able to communicate such standards to others.
- 3-5 years safety and health experience required.
- Good public speaking abilities.
- Bilingual and sign language capabilities a plus, but not required.
- Energetic, ambitious, assertive and an excellent communicator.
- OSHA outreach training experience preferred.
- Able to meet deadlines, work independently without direct supervision, as well as in a team environment.
- OSHA and regulatory safety training experience.
- Overnight travel is required.
Skills, Specialized Knowledge and Abilities
- Ability to handle sensitive information and maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Outgoing personality, self motivated
- Excellent customer service, telephonic, electronic, and written communication skills. Analyze and recommend improvements for safe work practices, policies and training programs.
- Technical experience and proficiency with Microsoft Office products such as Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Use of standard office equipment.
- Organization, attention to detail, flexibility and strong ability to multi-task interfacing multiple client situations on any given workday.
- Relax and enjoy time away from the workplace to refresh and rejuvenate.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment without direct supervision. Must embrace a team based, initiative driven environment.
- Effectively work with others to build consensus and rapport
- Ability to lift, file, reach and carry up to 25 pounds
- Work conditions are typically warehouse, clinical, and manufacturing facilities, construction projects, and field conditions in or adjacent to radiation, biological and/or hazardous material work areas. May require working after hours, occasional weekend to respond to emergency or non-emergency situations.
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive and the employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor and other management as required.
Apply using the link below: