Lead with us as you direct the implementation and maintenance of comprehensive environmental, health and safety compliance systems. You are detail oriented, have clear communication skills, and a unique capacity to manage multiple and conflicting priorities. Innovate with us as you inform and influence at all levels and functions to ensure that health and safety regulations are adhered to, and continuously improved upon.
WHAT WILL I BE DOING? In your role as an Environmental Health & Safety Manager at Kellogg, you will be part of our success by:
- Serving as the Technical resource for all relevant, plant, environmental permits
- Providing compliance specifications/recommendations to Engineering & Maintenance Resources
- Ensuring accurate and timely EHS recordkeeping, document management and effective case management
- Preparing, maintaining, and submitting all records and reports required by the Company and regulatory agencies including the OSHA 300 log and injury records, Tier 2 & form R reporting, RMP, Annual Storm water Reporting, Wastewater Reports, etc.
- Leading and/or assisting emergency response activities following spills and releases
- Leading the ongoing development and review of continuous improvement programs related to air, water, wastewater and solid/hazardous waste.
- Leading the development, review, and implementation of site emergency programs (e.g., facilitate site level drills)
- Leading the development, review, and revision of safety and environmental training programs Prioritize major hazards and risks across the site, and ensure actions are taken to mitigate or eliminate risks.
- Leading, coordinating, and participating in EHS performance improvement initiatives
- Tracking, reporting, and analyzing EHS performance and implement corrective action as necessary
- Managing site security programs and systems
WHAT DO I NEED TO DEMONSTRATE?
As well as a hunger to learn and succeed in Environmental Health & Safety, to be considered for this position you must be able to meet the following requirements: Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Chemistry, Environmental or Occupational Health Sciences with experience in the environmental, health, & safety field with a preference in food and beverage
- Must be knowledgeable of safety and environmental regulations including but not limited to: air, wastewater, storm water, solid and hazardous waste regulations, PSM
- Strong leadership, training, problem solving, and decision making skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated organizational, communication, research and analytical skills
- Experience and/or familiarity with OHSAS 18001 & ISO 14001
- Experience with Microsoft Office and plant specific software systems
- Experience managing a Process Safety Management Program
- Professional designation
WHAT ELSE DO I NEED TO KNOW? This position may require work coverage beyond the normal hours, shift, and on weekends/holidays.
The ability to work a full shift, come to work on time, work overtime as needed and the ability to work according to the necessary schedule to meet job requirements with or without reasonable accommodation is an essential function of this position.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Where required by state law and/or city ordinance; this employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. For additional information, please follow this Link for English or this Link for Spanish.
Job Function: Manufacturing
Primary Location: USA-OH-Zanesville
Job Type: Professional
Closing Date: Jan 11, 2018, 4:59:00 AM
Relocation Assistance: Yes
To apply click on the link below